Saturday, August 4, 2012

On my break at work a coworker asked, "Do you want anything?" as she headed to the vending machine.

"No thanks, I'm saving myself for date night."

There was a collective "awwww" throughout the room as my female coworkers swooned at the thought of romance.  I laughed.

"The funny thing is, y'all, it's not really that cute. I'm saving room in my stomach so that I can eat more food later. It's the sort of eating you only do when you're really comfortable."

And then I go home and put on very large underwear and its companion, the extra large tshirt sans bra. Feels so good. Really, people who knock granny panties have no idea what they're missing. That feeling of loose, 100% cotton -- loose because it's size XXL, the bigger the better -- over the belly button after a large meal: it's pure, sexy comfort. Instead of feeling rolls of fat as you stare at the television, watching the hot, svelte Olympic athletes, thinking to yourself, "I could do that," you feel the loose band lightly caressing your skin in a mind-body trick that tells you, if a bit grammatically incorrect, Girl, you so skinny your underwear is too big....


No comments:

Post a Comment