Tuesday, July 5, 2011

no shame

After a long holiday weekend, returning to work to watch old men starring at You Tube videos of Selena Gomez while helping others who refer to me as sweetie or mama post self portraits taken with phones in the public bathroom -- stalls, green tile, and all -- onto Plentyoffish.com is particularly cumbersome. *omgididntgotocollegeforthis*

Last night, before dozing off to sleep, Neno asked how much money I make a year. You married me for my money! We calculated that I make less than $15,000 per year. Way to ruin my night, babe. (However, let it be duly noted that I'm ever so grateful to have a job and a home. I may come off as a Complaining Cathy, but I appreciate what I gots).

Edfinancial would like me to jump through hoops to prove I can't afford my monthly loan payment. Sending my pay stubs and a letter from HR noting that I don't get paid shit -- her words, not mine -- wasn't enough. When I send them my pay stubs again with my tax info from last year (which was even worse) imma add an invitation to Take-Your-College-Loan-Officer-To-Work-Day. Like for realsies. I have a lot of unused creativity waiting for a craft project.

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I make about $10,000-15,000 a year too and it sucks. You can always learn to knit and sell your projects online...

    OR you can try to gain more blog followers and see if you can make money off it. Start small, a weekly report on some item or product. I can teach you all about how to use twitter to promote yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALSO do you know about Walmart bingo (if not google it)? I'm starting to think you could make one for libraries, Public Library Bingo. It could be an internet sensation. Instead of a square "Child without shoes" yours could have "adult man looking at teeny bopper youtube video"
    ...Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just googled walmart bingo -- LOL. Nearly all of the squares are applicable to the library as well. Thanks for sharing.

    I keep meaning to get into twitter, but I feel like a dork....like I won't have any friends and won't know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never realized Walmart and the Library had so much in common.

    We can talk about twitter another time.

    ReplyDelete