Tuesday, January 4, 2011

can't-write-it

A regular patron (whom I adore) frequently (nearly every day) tells me, "You have the patience of a saint. You'd make a really good shrink." I'm not sure if he says that to everyone who works the center, but I'll accept it as a compliment. Although my employer probably prefers for me to state, "that is not a service we provide" more often than not when someone starts detailing his or her problems.

Because I prefer to keep my job, I have refrained from writing about the happenings at the library, but I must tell you, there are plenty of outlandish, can’t-write-this-stuff, blog-worthy scenarios taking place in my face every day. I don’t like to eavesdrop or involve myself in drama for the sake of gossip, but I can’t avoid it even if I tried. I usually tell Eugenio my stories-of-the-day when I get home and he agrees that a reality show in the library would make interesting television. Even a sitcom based on scenarios that happen in any urban downtown library would work. And I’d read a blog titled "overheard at the library" and frequent a "FML: library edition" website. Alas, I like my job and experiencing the real deal up close, so I won’t be spearheading any such projects. The people here inspire me, but I can't use it, so I'd like to throw the idea out there.

1 comment:

  1. My calabazita of course you have the patience of a saint you put up with me!, lol. No but seriously you are the kindest person I have ever known so of course you patrons would recognize it

    ReplyDelete