Saturday, June 16, 2012

After five days of taking this medication, I caught sight of the sticker warning of dizziness and cautioning against driving. It explains a lot. I'm relieved, kinda sorta. I'd been feeling funny. Not one to talk aloud about aches and pains, for fear of being taken for one of those people, someone who thinks she's special, always having medical issues, that she tells you about all the time, as if her headaches hurt more than billions of other peoples' headaches, as if she's dying, as if you care, cry me a river, so I just thought stoically to myself, "Well, this is it -- the beginning of the end." And then I went about my day, exhausted after a night of sleep, trying to keep my balance, laughing off comments about my pallor, complacent in the face of all that is annoying knowing that it will not be too much longer...

But now the medication is done and I'm feeling not dizzy and dealing with the fact that all is well and I don't have the secret of impending death to keep me afloat. Nope, son, this is it -- life. Which is sadly not a relief at all, actually, only more depressing, unfortunately, if I may be so dramatic for one flippant second.



I'm just fuckin' wi'choo, geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment