Saturday, September 8, 2012

A man in his 60s, a regular who is always making me laugh, came to question if anyone had turned in his red water jug. Half way through asking, he stopped himself, muttering, "Oh never mind, no one turned that thing in. Probably walking on the streets with it right now."

"Well you should check the lost and found. You really think someone would steal a water jug?"

"Oh people down here'll steal your drawers if you sit still long enough."

He's full of hilarious nuggets like that. A few weeks ago he approached me with, "I bet you have a lot of stories." He meant from work. "You could write a book with everything that happens here, all these nuts. Hell, I'm sure I'll make an appearance in a few chapters." He's right, but I'd prefer to read his book. He's full of stories. Many of them bawdy, which I have to cut him off from telling while I'm working.

No comments:

Post a Comment