Friday, January 13, 2012

The US Olympic marathon trials are tomorrow morning in Houston. Just another reason I hate living in Orlando right now.

I’m a track and field, let’s say enthusiast, whose habits would warrant restrainer orders if taken any further. There’s nothing I love more than seeing every photo, every stat, and every social media post anywhere by my favorite rib bearing, bony limbed long distance runners. One day Eugenio left for work and on his return, I realised the gravity of my enthusiasm, having spent nearly every minute of 8 hours oggling athletes’ race reports and social media pages.

I guess I wouldn’t even be able to handle seeing these people in the flesh darting sweatily past me trying not to go to the bathroom in their pants while I do the same, anyhow.

I can’t decide who I’m routing for. I love an underdog story, but this is USA track and field, not basketball, so every one’s relatively underdoggish, but then again I do love it when someone unaffiliated/unsponsored who has to work 60 hours a week on top of training and raising a family kicks professionally trained ass. Plus, then I get another athlete to be completely creepy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment