Saturday, January 28, 2012

 This is an unofficial, off-the-record version of the sort of report I'm required to write when people misbehave or get generally unruly. The official version is one sentence long and doesn't attribute adjectives of blame, which I believe paint a better picture.

A deaf patron hastily approached to employ my help in a matter that had her fuming. There's a tacit (haha) agreement between us that if she points, I can usually figure out what the problem is.

Today it was two stupid twenty somethings jamming two chairs in a spot for one, thus impeding on the lady's own, already cramped, computer space. I diplomatically told the stupid boys that we have rules against sharing computers by cramming chairs inside rows, because if we didn't, inconsiderate dumb asses would do it all the time, and then I offered to move them to an end computer.

"That's all she had to say!" snipped one boy loudly with indignation.

"Instead she's been flailing her arms, screaming at us," added the other for sympathy.

"She can't talk, you idiot," came a voice from a few rows back.

I'm glad someone said what I could only suggest with an askance stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment