Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's one of those nights when I'm reading a really good book at the expense of sleeping. I just stopped in the kitchen for a midnight snack. I always get hungry again if I stay up long enough, and as a rule, I never go to bed hungry, because then I'll fantasize about food while my stomach growls and then be absolutely useless the next day.  So I make myself a piece of toast with peanut butter. It's natural peanut butter, which needs jelly or honey for flavor. I realise we are out of jelly and honey, so I sprinkle some sugar straight from the 5lb bag. Except it wasn't sugar, it was flour. I'm in no mood for starting over, so I dust as much flour off as possible and eat it anyway.

This has been the most noteworthy thing that happened to me today, besides the misunderstanding Neno and I had over my agreement to go to a work related recruitment dinner with him, sucking up my anxiety and hatred of talking to strangers, in the name of moral support, though he actually didn't need my support, because unlike myself he is a normal grown ass person, but merely invited me so that I would feel involved, so once we finally realized we were both unnecessarily trying to fulfill unnecessary marital obligations, I got to take off the makeup and stifling clothes and watch webisodes in my underwear while he went out to secure a future job...but then he came home early because it sucked and then we ate frozen pizza in our underwear together.

2 comments:

  1. Correction, I did not had dinner in my underwear my bebita. Kept the same clothes that I wore to the lame dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmhh did I wore my underwear to the dinner?

    ReplyDelete