Saturday, August 10, 2013

"How am I supposed to live in a place that only has a Walmart?!" 

When we first moved here, after a few
days of inward panic, I resolved to make the best of it and search for the gems. The very hidden gems in a place described by former inhabitants as "shithole" and "God forsaken."

Last night we had food at a Thai food restaurant called Thai Food that also sold donuts. Well, actually it was really a donut shop that also sold Thai food, the only Thai food in town. Of course I had to go! The food was OK; it will suffice. Any place that hands out a free bag of the day's assorted donuts upon my leaving is definitely a gem. Dinner, dessert, and tomorrow's 4 A.M. breakfast, what's to hate about that? Felicity decided she had enough sleep at 4. After fruitlessly attempting to coax her to sleep, I drowned my seething, nearly raging, sleep deprivation with coffee and reached for that donut bag.

Silver linings, gems, coffee, light and positivity, donuts, love, love, love, coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment