Tuesday, March 8, 2011

my funny, flatulating husband

I unleashed a spell when I put the ring on his finger. Now that we're married, Eugenio is funny -- his comebacks are quick-witted and hilarious. I told him this revelation one morning.

"What do you mean? I've always been funny." No, usually your jokes fell flat. "But you always laughed." I was being nice, but now I laugh because you're actually funny. "No, through time you're sense of humor has become more sophisticated" he quipped back.

Other than his new found hilarity, not much has changed now that we are legally bound. I haven't changed my name and Eugenio still flatulates in his sleep. However, one night -- this is so sweet -- he almost got up to go to the restroom, then lied back down in defeat, pulling the covers tightly around his body. "I'm sorry. I was going to try to make it to the restroom, but it escaped," he said referring to the stench. That is love. He is so genuine and kind.

I love my funny, flatuating husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment