Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm pretty sure I have an ulcer. That makes me feel super old. It's either that or gastritis or cancer. Going to a GI doctor tomorrow. So this is what I get. All that bragging about having a wonderful, lovely, better than yours pregnancy. Since giving birth I've had several boughts of mastitis (breast infection, it's as pleasant as it sounds), and the most heinous stomach aches I've ever experienced. Now that I'm feeling fine and the pain that had me thinking of the ER is but a memory, I can shrug and say it's not so bad. I wouldn't even go to doctor about it -- ugh, what a hassle -- if Eugenio hadn't scheduled the appointment for me, knowing I didn't intend to go. 

I also have a gyno appointment on Friday, which I'm also not looking forward to. Gotta get cleared for all that running I've already been doing. When the doctor and midwife told me no running for six weeks after giving birth, my lips said, "OK," but my brain said, "Fuck that." Clearly I'm fine. Minus my intestines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment