Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"We're like the couple in Hope Springs," he said with a smile after a goodnight kiss and a wave good bye as he shut the door. We wave good bye now.

I had pondered out loud whether or not we'd ever share a bed again. I've gotten used to sleeping on the blow up mattress in baby's room. We bought an expensive video monitor, but it seems to have been a waste. I can't trust it and it makes too much static noise ensuring that no one would sleep. Felicity and I have gotten into a wake, change diaper, nurse, burp, back to bed rhythm while sharing her room. I think we can continue it through college. Kids thrive on schedules. 

Have you seen Hope Springs where Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones play a middle-aged couple with a shit marriage? They sleep in separate rooms. We've watched it twice on my movie nights. Sad-funny, middle-aged seems to be my genre. 

Of course we aren't ever going to be that couple, but it was a funny way to bid me adieu after I expressed sadness about not sleeping in the same bed. "We're like the couple in Hope Springs."

Eugenio also sometimes refers to our room as his room. "It's in my room," he says. Next time we get in a tiff, I'm going to scream, "Go to your room!" Got my comeback ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment